We are offering our appointments online via video call
Why have an online appointment?
Sometimes life prevents you from attending the clinic:
- You are too busy to travel to clinic and have the appointment
- You are not able to drive/get around
- If you are ill with a contagious condition
- If you are away for a long time for work/leisure
By logging in to a secure video call with your practitioner, you can still have a check up and they can offer self help from afar to keep you on track with your current treatment plan. This prevents you from undoing all of the hard work you and your practitioner have done in clinic and continues your well earned progress.
What to expect in your video call
In your video call, we can’t provide manual therapy for obvious reasons, but we can offer other aspects of your treatment that are hands-off.
- We can provide a visual assessment of your movement and posture.
- We can offer guidance on daily activity and general movement.<
- We can teach you self-massage techniques if applicable.
- We can teach you and provide you with an exercise program to supplement your care and keep you out of trouble.
Once we have finished the call, your practitioner will upload your home exercise program to our rehabilitation app called Physiapp (free for you to download) which makes it easy to follow each day. It reminds you too!
How is it done?
To get started you will need:
- You will need a device that has a built-in camera and microphone e.g. laptop, tablet or smartphone.
- Safe place to be where you won't be disturbed. Due to the nature of some of our conversations, we cannot do video call with others in the room.
- A good internet connection.
- Headphones as an option for better sound quality. Your phone ones will do.
- Access to the Zoom Video call service – Download the app here: https://www.zoom.us/ or join using your web browser direct.
Set up correctly:
- Have your device positioned in landscape to allow the video to fill the whole screen.
- Make sure that your therapist can see you properly and you can see them.
- Lighting makes a difference to video calls, so be in a well-lit room without the light shining at the camera. This allows your therapist to do any visual assessment that is necessary as well as possible.
How to join your therapist for your appointment:
- Now you are ready to join your therapist on zoom. Open the app on your device and click join a meeting.
- Join using your meeting ID (YOURMEETINGID) and password: (SELFCAREPASSWORD) and you’re in! Enjoy your video self-care appointment
TOP TIP 1
TOP TIP 2
TOP TIP 3
Book an online appointment
Paid in Advance
Click below to book and pay for your online appointment
DURATION - 30MINS